Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Olympia....HERE I COME!!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Wednesday, June 29, 2011
So I’ve decided that YES I will do the Olympia in Sept.  It’s 11 weeks this Friday.  Who knew I would qualify again for the “O”?!!  I am still amazed.  All because I was stuck in a rut, and had no motivation or ambition to workout…and I hated the feeling of being so unmotivated. 

How embarrassing it has been over the past 2 years….training clients and they think that I’m training and keeping fit; playing hockey and the coach says “you’re a personal trainer Nina, you can stay on extra shifts” and little did he or anyone else know that I was so out of shape!  Every time I would play hockey I would be sooo mad at myself on the bench cause I was so exhausted (and because I was new at the sport and I do hate not being the best….just being honest here!).  Even that wasn’t enough to motivate me to do something.

But everything is good now.  I’ve got my motivation back and I’m on track!  IT FEELS FANTASTIC!!!  I got ready for the Toronto Pro Show in 7 weeks.  My suit was made the week before and I picked it up on the Wednesday before the show.  My membership for the IFBB had to be paid and the contract for the show had to be signed by the Monday before the show!  I faxed in the signed contract a week before the show and the membership I paid at the show!! Lol  Nothing like the last minute!    But I pulled it all together….having only practised a total of MAYBE 15 mins on my posing/stage presence! 
I placed 4th!  My goal was to not have a flabby butt and not to place last because of a flabby butt.  If I would have placed last because I was too tight, I would have been totally fine with that.  But I’ll take the 4th and the qualification to the Olympia! 
OLYMPIA!!!!!!!!!  WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!
So I have to take this time to thank a few people…..
Vince my husband – for making  my meals, keeping me on track, making sure I made it for my morning (5:30am) and evening (9pm – 10pm) training or cardio sessions.  I could not have done this without him!  SO many times I wanted to throw in the towel cause I was sooo stressed with the overload of work, and then a fussy (at times) or sick (ear infection) 21 month old, and the dogs ripping thro the screen door (yes, right thro!).  Vince is my rock!  We make a GREAT team.
Nate Harewood – for the training and dieting.  And for positive comments to keep me focused.  Having to listen to me every week saying “are you SURE I can do this and I wont make an ass of myself!”.
Christy Wolfe – Wolfe Designs.  To take me on to make my suit, last minute!  She’s incredible!  And what a fantastic job!!!!  She will be making my Olympia suit as well, if we decide to do something different.
Dianne Martins – for my fantastic tan using Jan Tana Products!!  Thanks Dianne!  For putting up with me….i was totally acting like a first-timer/the client you don’t want!  Lol  I kept touching my tan to see if it was dry and would ruin it….it was kinda funny!!!  Lol
Sheri Fisher – for oiling me up and bikini biting me backstage! And for spending the nights with me at the hotel as Vince and Aspen stayed home….aspen would have totally ruined my tan more then I was ruining it!  Lol  Sheri you kept me calm, even when I just wanted to GO HOME!  Tables were turned this time!
Nina Luchka – ME – lol….for doing my hair and makeup!  I did a FANTASIC job!! 
Mindi O and Dennis, Kim Tilden, Tanya Watkins, Sheri Fisher – for telling me (for weeks) to keep going and I CAN do this!!  I didn’t tell many until the very end.  Thank you guys!
And of course my little girl, Aspen Jade, who watched her mommy up on stage!!!  She even pointed and said mommy!!!  THAT was the BEST part of the whole show!!  I did this for her (and a little for me!;) )
So here I go…..I will be including my journey to the Olympia in this blog!  So keep checking back for updates.  Video updates will be coming soon!
And thank you to all the friends and fans who attended the show!  I had the MOST/LOUDEST cheers and I am very greatful for each and every person who cheered!!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!



NL  xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting