Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You Can Never Be Too Safe!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Wednesday, June 29, 2011
So I decided awhile back when Aspen was about 8 months old (before she was walking) to install a few extra locks.  Funny the responses I got from not only random people but some family members as well…”oh you don’t need them” “being a little too protective”, etc. 
REALLY?!
So you think the parents that had their kids wandering the streets in the middle of the night, thought  that that was going to happen?  Or the child who opened the door and went to the back yard where the pool is….did the parents ever think it was ever going to happen to them?  Probably not but you hear it all the time “oh that will never happen to us” or you just think that thought. 

Why do people even want to take that chance?!  Well I don’t.   So my idea was to have extra locks on the doors so that when Aspen grew taller and could reach the door knob and know how to unlock the door, the extra lock would prevent her from opening the door and getting out in the front yard where she COULD get hit by a car, or in the back yard where the pool is!
Well, I must say these extra locks that my husband installed back quite a few months ago now, are already going to GREAT use!  Aspen Jade has figured out how to unlock (and lock) the doors.  At 21 months, this little stinker locks and unlocks the doors so fast!!
Below are some locks that we installed.  The one on the sliding door is my favourite!  Such a great lock.  We put locks on the sliding door upstairs, the basement door (as we have a walkout), and the front door.  So all entrances are covered!  Aspen can not get out during the night (while we are sleeping) or during the day if she gets up early from her nap and slips by me!  Cause IT CAN HAPPEN!  Never take it for granted and think “ah, it will never happen to us”.  Why take that chance!  Our wee ones are precious!
This one is the sliding door to the backyard.  My favourite kind of lock.  Yo ucan even see the same lock on the screen door that is open and off to the side.  We used this type of lock for here as we have double sliders.
This is the front door.  Notice how high I keep the locks!




 All locks were bought at the Home depot.

So there is my little suggestion for parents with wee ones!  What are some of your good ideas??  I’d love to hear and have your comments posted so others can benefit as well!

NL xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to grasp a lot about this, like you wrote the ebook in it or something.
I feel that you could do with some p.c. to drive the message home
a little bit, however instead of that, this is wonderful blog.
An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.


Feel free to surf to my web-site; top point and shoot cameras 2014

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting