Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Aspens New Bedroom

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Wednesday, April 04, 2012
Well, Aspen's room is basically finished....jsut waiting for the night table and looking for a bookcase.  She LOVES her new room.....especailly her big bed!!  She has been sleeping in a "big girl bed" for a year and a few months now.  We just didnt have an actual bed frame for her.....jsut the box spring and the mattress on the floor.
But now we finally got her an actual bed and matching dresser and night stand (which is on the way soon).

Her room turned out great....Aspen picked the color that she wanted, PURPLE, so I chose a few different shades that still go with the rest of the house, and I let her pick which shade of purple.  And then she loves dragonflies (i must say so do I), so i accented her room with dragonflies. 
Aspen's night stand will go beside the bed

Bookcase might go against this wall

I ordered her bedding online and I LOVE it!!  Pink and White zebra print with black bows.  I decorated the walls with her butterfly  clip holder we made, a canvas picture that says GIGGLE and I added a ribbon to it as well.  Then above her bed I put picture frames of and glued butterflies and flowers to the frames and put pics of Aspen having fun with friends and cousins.  On another wall I put p two shelves and put her painted rocks on them with a few dragonflies around the shelves.  I found deep purple curtains which matched the walls and bedding perfectly.  The 3 corner shelves I hung up, were mine that my mom got me years ago so I painted them black to match the furniture.  I had them in her room when she was a baby too.  I put 2 shelves in one corner and the other is over her bed with a few crystal stones (that are meant for her - for those who know crystal stones and their meaning and what they are used for).  I also have her dress-up trunk in the corner of her room with all her princess dresses she got from her Aunt, Uncle and cousins.  I still kept her chandelier that was in her baby room, but I might change that.  She gets very warm when she sleeps that sometimes a ceiling fan is good for her....we have one in our room and it cools her down for those nights she cant sleep and comes in with us.

But her room turned out GREAT and she LOVES it!!

......Now its decorating baby B's room.....color is done, bedding is ordered and things are going up on the walls over the next few weeks.  Just painting the baseboards and closet doors.  EXCITING!!!

Where I got everything in her room......
metal dragonflies - made by Umbra, purchased at Green Earth
picture frames, butterflies, flowers, box shelves - Micheals
bed set - the Brick
Bedding - Wake up Frankie
Curtains - Bouclair
Paint - Benjamin Moore, at Oshawa Paint and Wallpaper (I ONLY deal with Mark there, hes GREAT!!)

Nina xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aspens room looks great and I'm sure the baby's room will be fantantic too ...excellent job as usual.... hope to tlk to you soon about some ideas for our place...see you on the weekend love ya

Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad it turned out! Still not fully finished but pretty much. Im excited about baby's room now!! BOLD!!

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting