Thursday, July 7, 2011

Enjoying the little things!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Thursday, July 07, 2011
Ok, so I am on a little mission now…..I’m slowing things down in my life.   For those who know me, will agree, that I take on many things and will even add on more which results in a chaotic, STRESSED lifestyle. I do enjoy the challenges of being on the go, and I LOVE the fast pace of having a ton of things on the go. I HAVE to be busy.

My days are spent rushing around, being busy….training clients, doing computer work, teaching bootcamp classes in the evenings, house work, cutting grass, landscaping, AND while doing all of this, taking care of my 22month old little girl!  And she does almost everything with me….except the bootcamp classes.  Daddy is home by then to take over.  We have no one to help us other than my brothers’ wife (she is SOOOO great with Aspen!) who is there for us when we need someone to watch her for events we need to go to….otherwise we juggle our work schedules to make things work. 
I ended up catching the flu Wednesday till Thursday and my hectic life comes to a screeching halt.   This is when I came to a conclusion that I need to slow down.  One of my friends was saying to me that maybe I made myself sick from the stressful lifestyle I lead…hmmmm.  I can honestly say, I think she is right!.  Stress DOES do a number on your body.  Even though I don’t feel stressed out, I have a lot on my plate.  Weekdays are filled, weekends are busy, therefore no down time.  No relaxing for me.  Its like EVERYTHING is on a schedule with me.  I have a “to do” list(s) that never seems to go away….just keep scratching off finished things and add more on.  Now, “to do” lists are great to have, to keep things moving and get things done.  But “getting away”, having some “down time”, is EXTREMELY important.  This is something I know and will tell my clients, but I don’t do it myself.
Well I start now. 
Both my husband and I are always on the go and never get any down time.  Did you know that we have NEVER been on a honeymoon!  And we just celebrated our 12 year anniversary July 3rd (thank you to ALL those who wished us a happy anniversary…GREATLY appreciated!!).  And we have never gone on a vacation…other then a few days to enjoy Vegas all the timeswe were there for my competitions.  So we have NEVER been on a vacation! Pathetic?...YES!  Now we will be doing a few little mini vacations here and there, and I will be sure to blog them and add in pictures and video!

Here are a few little things that we seem to miss out on and ones that I really do enjoy and did at one time…small little things that can really make you feel good.
-          Enjoying a quiet morning tea out on the back deck

-          Sitting on a dock and just watching the waves roll in

-          Enjoying a calm evening beside a campfire

-          Relaxing walks

-          Fishing! And watching that bobber until it goes under! Lol (I use to LOVE this)

-          Enjoying a good book and a tea out on the deck.

-          Enjoying  a good thunderstorm and seeing the beauty of it.

-          Watching the birds eat at the feeder….those gold finches are so beautiful!

-          A nice long, slow boat ride looking at all the houses on the lake front.
I could honestly list more, but just wanted to give you a few.  I will be enjoying all this from here on in.  Its been awhile!  And if I don’t get some of my "to do" list done, it will still be there tomorrow!
What are some of YOUR relaxing moments you enjoy?

NL xoxo    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting