Friday, July 29, 2011

Have a Little Patience and Teach!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Friday, July 29, 2011
"You're a Loser";  "You're useless"; "You can't....."; "You will never......"; "You're so stupid".....I've heard these phrases once too many times!  I've heard it from parents talking to their kids, or other kids, this way...from the TENDER age of 1 years old all the way to 25!  Yes!  THAT young AND that old!!  Really, things like this should never be said.  Why!...Why would ANY parent want to put their child down or give them limits, at whatever age?  I don't get it!  It makes me SICK to my stomach to hear such negative things come out of parents mouths sometimes. 
I remember when Aspen was starting to learn how to walk, and she was holding on to my hands, her tiny feet had tripped a bit (sooo cute) and she fumbled in her walking......my response was "oopsey!  try again sweetie, you can do it".....but a response from someone else who was around at that moment  was "Loser!  Can't you walk yet!"
It took me A LOT to keep my temper and manners in control....and not hauling off and givin them a good shot to the head and tellin them where to go!
Its like a business....people who are great at what they do have failed many times!  This is how you learn!  You are not stupid for failing at something....you see what works and what doesnt, and try again.
Parents!, listen to your kids! Talk to them! They are tiny and are learning. From birth they are learning. If Aspen gets frustrated or upset, I NEVER get frustrated back. I understand that she doesnt know how to deal with a situation and I have to guide her through it and teach her. You will NEVER catch me saying a negative thing and telling her to "SETTLE DOWN!" or "QUIET already". I calm her down and talk to her and ask her what's wrong. Even though she can't talk sentences or all words yet, but she talks her own language and I try to figure it out.
Another example, I went for a walk with one of my BOOTCAMPERS the other day and we were walking in a neighborhood, and came up to a toddler "losing it" cause he didn't want to go in. Now, mom didn't say anything, just picked him up (nicely) and took him in the house kicking and screaming. Now my choice to handle that, and I have been in that situation where Aspen gets upset, is to talk to her and explain things. And I always get down to her level, so on one knee, so it doesn't look like a "power thing" because I'm standing over her. And this way of handling it does work. It takes a few minutes longer, but in the end she starts to understand and there's no "BLOW UP" taking place.
Just take a few more minutes with your kids and keep calm. You have to remember that they don't understand a lot of things and you need to teach them. 
I will encourage my daughter everyday!  To be a strong individual and who SHE wants to be.  I want her to enjoy every minute of life and live for each day.  Don't get lost and follow what society is doing or what society says....I know some of you understand me when I say that.  Vince and I live this way and its fantastic!  He encourages me and I encourage him....we are a team in life!  Go for dreams!  And don't let anyone try to bring you down.
Remember, how you choose to talk to your children at a young age, WILL affect them later in years.....You see it all the time.....the older kids/adults who were brought up in a negative environment, and those brought up in a positive environment.
Show your kids (whatever age!) LOTS of love and encouragement!

NL xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting