Sunday, October 2, 2011

Run For The Cure

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Sunday, October 02, 2011
My first experience at the Run For The Cure.....and it was FANTASTIC!!! The people, the support, the dress up, the dogs, kids, you name it, the support was great!  I had created a team of 7 and 2 toddlers.....Lynn, Sue, Anansa (and son Kai), Sheri, Vince, our daughter Aspen, Nelly, and myself. We dressed warm as it was CHILLY and RAINING.....but that definitely didn't bring down the spirits of anyone.
Here's the Team!  Lynn (my Bootcamper), Sue (my Bootcamper), Anansa and Kai (sheri's client), Sheri (my client/friend),
Vince and Aspen (my amazing husband and daughter), and Nelly (my client/friend).

Sue, Lynn, Nelly and I have all ran races before (well i ran one before! lol), and for sheri, Anansa (Kai), Vince and Aspen, this was their first experience.
The race started and Vince pushed Aspen in the running stroller. He was doing great as he took off and I ran back a bit. Vince is a strong runner.....even though he doesnt run that much. Then, Aspen had to go peepee!! lol So i saw Vince stop to the side and I stopped too. So i waited for him while he took aspen off to the side behind a bush! As lots of people passed while I waited for Vince and Aspen, it was really nice to see the support and the signs on peoples backs stating who they were running for.....this is what i saw.....Baba, My mom Maureen, My daughter, My sister Sarah, there was one mom who wore a sign "my mom" and her ittle daughter about 8 years old wore the sign "my grandma". Its then that you realize how real it is, and knowing the pain all these families go through......I went through my mom having Ovarian Cancer.
Vince and I then ran together for the rest of the way, talking, laughing, and we even stopped and helped a lady whos front wheel of her strolller fell off! Way to go Vince for Fixing it! She felt bad as she kept saying "I dont want to hold you guys back"....ahhhh no worries! Its all good!
It was such a great race! I got to finally do a sport TOGETHER with Vince!! And it was "icing on the cake" to have Aspen with us! It was a family affair. It was great to have her involved and she was sooo good the whole way.
Our First Family 5k!  -- its was pouring so we kept the cover on the stroller.....but Aspen is
in there all comfy and warm....and DRY!

More races to come in the near future!!

When we got home Vince started a fire for us all to warm up as that inner chill from the rain and cold weather really is hard to shake off. 
Aspen helping Daddy with the fire!

Aspen waiting for Daddy to build a fire for us.
My heart goes out to all those who have fought through or lost their battle with any kind of cancer, and all the families who are there to support their loved ones.

And thank you to the Team for coming out and having a good race!
NL xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting