Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years Resolutions....Why Do They Fail?

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Saturday, January 07, 2012
After working many years in a gym and seeing the gyms get PACKED in January and start to die off in February, and basically back to normal in March, I've come to a conclusion.....THERE'S NO BALANCE

People will start at the gym, not really knowing where to start or what to do, they have this focus everyday of their Resolution and how they NEED to go everyday!  So their whole focus is on the gym and working out....their New Years Resolution!  Then there will be a day they cant fit it in.  Life got in the way.  They miss a day.  They get down on themselves.  They are not seeing results.  Its been a month.  And they give up! 

Why not, instead of making a resolution on getting fit, and all your FOCUS is on 'getting fit', have your resolution be "BALANCE"?!  Dont be hard on yourself.  Fit in some sort of exercise a few days to every day of the week.  If you dont make it to the gym, no worries.  Get out and go for a walk!  Enjoy some time outside playing with your kids.  Get them involved and then will follow your lead and become active!  Dont have all your focus on 'getting fit'.  Enjoy life and have some balance.....go to yoga/go to the gym/get outside, play with your kids/your animals, make some healthy meals, work good hours, get some reasonable sleep, find time to read/listen to music/journal.

When you think about it we need Balance in ALL aspects of our life....Money for example.  When there is no balance what happens....you spend more then what you make which then equals debt!.  And look at nutrition.....you eat more junk or too much fruit or too much carbs and that equals weight gain. 

Balance is Key! 

I see many competitors in the fitness industry with all their focus on getting ready for the shows!  TRAIN, EAT, TRAIN, SLEEP, TRAIN, EAT, etc.  And what happens, they lose friends, lose family, lose themselves....it becomes very lonely.  Trust me cause I've been there!

I started to compete in 2001.  All my focus was on was training and the show.  What else did i have?  Everything revolved around me.  Parties, wedding showers, baby showers, weddings would all come up and I didnt go cause I was 'TRAINING' for a show!  It was until 2005 when I was going for my pro card, I really started to realize things.....I missed out on my cousins wedding which would have been jsut beautiful, and for WHAT!!!  Because I was training for a show??  Come on!!  So I did some soul searching, read some GREAT books and came to a conclusion.....this journey would be a much more enjoyable one if I had BALANCE!!!  And the funny thing was when I realized I needed the balance, show prep became easier and less stressfull, and the show I did (olympia) was the BEST I ever looked!  My training was just as intense but once I was done, My focus wasnt on the training or the show.  I now had balance.

Another part of my life where I lost myself was when I had my little girl!  All my energy and time is with her.  Nothing for me.  No workouts, no enjoying some nice shopping at the mall, or tea with friends, etc.  I was with her 24/7, and if I wasnt, I was teaching my bootcamp class.  So again I feel as though I lost myself again.  Im not grounded.  I dont feel at ease.  Since then I've Signed up for yoga, signing up for a few 5k runs, etc.  BUT IM BACK and I feel like me again!!!!

So there it is, start off the year right....dont focus on ONE thing and ONE THING only!  Find balance in all that you do.  You will have much more enjoyment this way and you will feel more accomplishment!

Nina xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting