Sunday, February 26, 2012

Knowledge and Doing the Right Thing

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Sunday, February 26, 2012
Im a listener....and observer.  I LOVE to and need to find out answers....WHY!  This is who I am.  I need to know answers and I ask a lot of questions, keeping an open mind and taking in what I need.
When I got into my sport of Fitness/Figure, I did my research and looked for the best on how to train.  Over the years (10 years) of training for shows I got to understand a lot.....A LOT that could not have been learned from a course or books.  This is hands on learning.  And this is why I've always went to the best in a sport, to learn.
I see many people who run their business soooooo terrible.  They think they know what they are doing but in actuality they dont!  Kind of scary really.  NOT saying that i know everything about running a business, but I do notice a lot of mistakes.  Ones that will destroy a business.
Ive seen people in my field, personal training, think they know what they are doing, and totally far from it.  I've seen them injure clients (pretty bad sometimes), i've seen terrible form, terrible meal plans, their clients not getting any results (but you can tell from how they are beign trained).
I've seen people (who say they are qualified trainers) get ready for a sport, THINKING that aerobics class are going to help them gain the athletisim they need for the sport.  NOW dont get me wrong, aerobics classes are great for everyone but when you are getting ready for a sport you need athletic type training.  You dont see a hockey player or Lance Armstrong or a triathlete or a bodybuilder doing aerobics classes to prepare for there game, race or competition.  When you are training for something you NEED the proper training for it.  ANY professional trainer will know this.
I've seen companies highball on prices and tell their customers they need a new furance, when all that customer needed was a $50 part to fix the problem. 
Its unbelievable the people that are out there that own their own businesses and dont have the knowledge or the skills to actually do it properly.  Or the businesses that are out there that will suck all the money out of you when its not needed.
My husband is in to heating and air conditioning and the stories I hear first hand are incredible!!!  I wont mention the company that is bad for highballing and sucking the money out of their customers, but if you ask me I will tell.  ;)  These poor customers will call my husband for a quote jsut to make sure, only to find out that they would have had to pay $3000 plus, when all their furnace needed a $50 part.  Sure my husband could do the same, but at the end of the day, he (nor I) would be able to live with ourselves......and What comes around goes around. 
So my piece of advice for those out there looking for a service, do your research!
And for those who are running a business and have NO CLUE what they are doing, educate yourself better! Or go back to working for someone else.  With lack of knowledge, you are no only hurting your business, but you can hurt others (customers) as well.

Nina xo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, right there!!!! Nice!

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting