Monday, February 27, 2012

Fun Times at the Luchka House

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Monday, February 27, 2012
One thing I LOVE is spending some quality time with my husband and little girl.....and of course all the animals!  lol.  Our weekends are usually pretty busy....there is always something that comes up.  Isnt that the way though.

We are slowly getting things ready for the arrival our our new little family member....a little boy.  He wont be saying hello to the world until July 3rd.  Now if he is like Aspen then he will be here in June....Aspen was a week early.  Yes, I know, not that common to deliver early on your first baby. I was painting the basement at the time when my water broke.  Looks like I will be doing the same around the time when baby is due.....I repainted the basement before christmas and still need to finish it.  Aspens room is finished being painted, and Vince is finishing up the shelves in her closet.  I have to finish decorating the walls with "things" over the next little bit.....so pics will come soon when its totally complete.

Next is doing a second cost in our room and starting the baby's room.  I've picked out the color for baby's room.....I really like it!!  Im not the type of person to do bright colors or pink for girls room and blue for boys.  The colors still have to flow with the rest of the house and im an earth-tone girl!  For Aspens room i went with a purple (cause thats what she wanted - yes, i let her pick).  Its hard for me to have a "color" on the walls but it actually looks great.  Its a very crisp, clean looking Lavender Mist by Benjamin Moore.  LOVE their paint!    I deal with Oshawa Paint and Wallpaper on Simcoe st in Oshawa and ONLY deal with Mark (one of the workers there).  He's fantastic!!  He knows what color tones I like, which is so helpful. 

For the new baby's room, I'm doing a steel blue!  So more of a blue grey as apposed to a "blue".  I cant wait to get that color on the walls and see what it looks like finished!!  ...ugh!  More painting!!  lol
Used to LOVE painting....it was my downtime.  I got to think and clear my mind.  I was so fast at it too.  Things are different now with a little one who needs you.  Aspen will want me to get something for her, or i will stop to play with her for a bit, get her something to eat, etc.  So painting, and all other things, take time now.  But all worth it and I wouldnt have it any other way. ;)  I'll have to get some pics up of the final product once its all done.

Vince sometimes has to work here and there on weekends (self employed so this is what we have to do), but when he's home we have a lot of fun together.....
Vince playing with Aspen!  He is trying to see what shoes fit on Tinkerbell.
Aspen is looking for the other shoes....with her cute little Tinkerbell dress on!
Another day of Aspen in her Tinkerbell dress!!  This time its half on.
And how cute is our kitten, Angel.  Aspen was watching Snow white and the
Kitten jumps up beside her to cuddle.  Aspen's little buddy!!!


A day full of fun and this little kitten still doesnt leave her side!!
Look closely and you can see Angel sleeping in the white part of the blanket!
My little angels!!



LOVE LOVE spending time with my beautiful family!!  I'll be sure to get the dogs in the blog next time!!  Its hilarious how Aspen sits on Kona, our doberman, and grabs his ears to steer him!!!  He loves it!! 

Vince and I are so excited for baby B to come!!  His room should be finished in the next couple weeks.  He absolutely LOVES my baby belly!!  Its too cute.  Aspen knows she is going to have a baby brother!  And she knows her old room is now the baby's room!  She even says his name, as we have already picked it out.  So far its sticking!! 

More bloggin to come....next up will be more fitness, and health stuff.  Enjoy

Nina xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting