Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Weekend

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Monday, April 16, 2012
I know I am a week and a bit late for posting Easter weekend, but I have been busy all week getting ready for 2 events I had to do this past weekend, plus 3 doctors appt all on separate days.....it was a HECTIC week.  Now this week is catching up on work that I didnt get to last week....including my blogging.
So Easter weekend was a busy one as usual.  Friday we spent the day painting eggs for Easter, and other arts and crafts.




Aspens Easter Basket filled with the Easter eggs she painted!

We also made her favorite show, Small Potatoes!  For those who have not seen this cute little show, you tube it and watch.. Too cute and Aspen LOVES it!!  I think its the song she loves.  She will sometimes cry when its over!  She was SOOOO happy when I had surprised her with the small potatoes having google eyes and a place to sleep (just like they do on TV).





Surprised at the google eyes on her small potatoes.....now they look like the real thing!


Aspen so excited to have her very own Small Potatoes!

And here her Small Potatoes are ready for bed.  She dressed them in her PJ bottoms!


 Saturday I spent 3 hours (7am - 10am) grocery shopping and picking up stuff for Easter brunch/lunch at our place for Sunday and then we went to Easter afternoon dinner at the inlaws.
Getting ready to go for Saturday Easter Dinner at the inlaws

Aspen in her Saturday Easter wear!

 Sunday woke up at 5am to start everything for brunch/lunch as everyone was coming over for 12pm, and we had to have things ready for Aspen so that when she woke up the Easter Bunny had been to our place!  She had such a great time when she woke up!!  She was so excited!!   I didnt end up getting her any chocolate for Easter.  She will have PLENTY of time to have that when she gets older!  But she did get a lot of little gifts and organic treats that she LOVES!!!

Easter Presents from Mommy and Daddy!

Easter presents that the Easter Bunny left outside!  Even a few HUGE Easter eggs filled with stuff....that sneaky bunny!

Aspen enjoying opening everything!

Did her Easter egg hunt and opening all the eggs to find little surprises in each one!

One Easter egg had a yellow catapiller!!  Now she has two!  LOVES these catapillers!

Everyone got to our place between 12 and 12;30pm..  We had all the food ready to go.....potato salad, macaroni salad, smoked ham, buns (babas sandwiches!!  yummy!!), Vince exotic Yam and seeds dish, BBQ lime shrimp, fruit tray, veggie tray, marshmellow coconut dessert (mom used to make this), fresh fruit cake thingy (soooo good!) and my yummy breakfast casserole!!!!    I should have taken a pic of the display of food and Easter decor on the island!  I LOVE doing these kinds of things.

The center Piece for the Island and having all the food around.

Aspen having a GREAT time putting bandaids on Uncle Danny (my brother)!  Yes he is TOTALLY asleep!

There;s one bandaid!


And she continues to put another!

LOL!  Still Sleeping!!

My brother takes after our Dido Mike!  ALWAYS ends up falling asleep!  Too funny.  My Brother Danny, Sisterinlaw Robin, Neice Brook and her Boyfriend Shay.

Aspen having fun with Aunt Ashley (vince's sister).  Ashley, Aspen and Gramma (Vince's Mom)

Vince, My dad, and Vinces Dad standing in the kitchen chatting it up.

Aspen getting more bandaids for Uncle Danny's face!  I wish I would have gotten a better pic of her Easter dress!!  This one was such a beauty!!  I bought it online and when it first arrived, Aspen wanted to wear it EVERYDAY for about a week!!  Lets jsut say it washes GREAT!  lol

What a great weekend!

Nina xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting