Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Staying "Regular"

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Are you "Regular"?  Do you "go" everyday?  If not, you SHOULD get on it and get your body pooping everyday!!! 
Yes you heard me right......POOP!!  Something that a lot of people will avoid talking about!  But it is soooooo important to go everyday!
Over the years of training clients, one of the most important things I ask is "how are your bowel movements?".  Yes this is one of my important questions I ask ALL my clients!!  This tells you how the body is functioning as well.   I have had many of them tell me that they go a couple times a week!!  After I pick my mouth off the floor, I ask them how long this has happened for and tell me what they eat on a regular basis, and how what they eat from morning till night.

Too many people DONT go poop on a regular basis....its VERY toxic to the body.  If you are not going everyday then you are getting backed up, which means that poop is in your intestines for long periods of time which will get toxic.

I've had my daughter go through this a couple times.....I monitor her like a hawk!  Just want her to be healthy and not have any intestinal issues at a young age that will carry on with her for life!  The longest she has gone is 2 days of NOT going.  It was hard cause this is the time when she was getting potty trained, so its an uncomfortable feeling for them.  Plus she is a dairy lover!  So I had to cut back on the dairy.  She has only had a couple episodes of this over the past year and a half. 

She has been taking supplements (vitamins and minerals, and EFA;s, oh and acidophilus since birth), and I've been including some other beneficial foods to keep her bowels healthy and strong.  Last thing i want for her are weak bowels....she will have problems forever! So for all new moms out there....its VERY important for the bowels to be trained at a young age!

Here is a YUMMY recipe for your little ones that they WILL eat.....so that you know they are getting in the fiber that is needed!  Remember,  most of us remove the skin (FIBER) from fruits for our kids to chew easier until they get older!!  I personally still do.....I NEVER liked the texture of the skin on fruit!!  So Im sure I always add in other fibers to my diet and also drink lots of water!!  Again for the moms....cut back on the juice as the sugars are not good for the digestive system.  It will plug your kiddies up!!  If kids are having a hard time drinking straight water cause they are used to the juice, then jsut add fresh lemon to the water.

Things you can add to your kids food are psyllium, ground flax (not seeds as seeds will not digest whole), wheat germ, and bran, jsut to give you some examples of things to add to foods!

Rice Krispie Squares
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Peanut butter (remember Natural Peanut Butter is healthy!!!  The other is NOT good for you!!)
1 bag marshmellows
4 cup rice krispie
2 cups psyllium

Melt butter on low heat - melt marshmellows and peanut butter in the butter, add your vanilla, then the rice krispies and psyllium.  Mix well.  Place into a greased 9 x 13 pan and let cool.

Enjoy!!

Nina xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting