Monday, September 5, 2011

Gotta LOVE The Small Town!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Monday, September 05, 2011
For those who never grew up in a small town....I feel sad for you!  lol  No seriously though.  It is such a great feeling that I have everytime I go into town of my hometown Port Perry.  I have lived in Port Perry my whole life!  Aspen was born in Port Perry!  And I even want her to go to school in Port Perry. 

Growing up in Port was fantastic!  Many out of towners would say "whats there to do in Port?".  We have no movie theatres or malls to hang out at like kids in the city would do.  But man, i had the BEST times growing up!!!  There was soooo much to do!  Horseback riding, dirt biking, building forts in your neighbors barn (out of straw), go for boat rides, fishing, snowmobling, etc etc.

Well today, we went to the Port Perry Fair and again, such a GREAT FEELING!  Its exactly like that movie "Sweet Home Alabama".  You bump into old school friends and acquaintances, your local doctors, old school teachers (not that THEY are old! lol), and old neightbors.....it is truly fanastic.  I LOVED EVERY SINGLE SEC OF IT!  Chatting to everyone!  Its a feeling like no other!  FEELS LIKE HOME!!  Warm.... comfort......friendly.....

Even tho I now live outside of Port, and I do love our property we live on, we will one day move back to my hometown. Its nice that Vince has fell in love with Port as well and wants to move back too.  But for now, we visit Port Perry often and when anyone asks me where Im from, I always answer "Port Perry".

What small town did you grow up in??

NL xoxo

1 comments:

Amy said...

Belleville!

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting