Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Race.....Awesome!!!!!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Monday, September 05, 2011
Last weekend I had my FIRST Race experience!  I've been wanting to start running for quite some time now.....more then 4 years!  I know, a looooong time!  And I must say that I am sooo proud of myself for FINALLY doing the race!  What an experience!  Here's how my story goes.....

My client and now good friend, MJ, kept pushing me this past year to do a race.  She is a Runner herself, for years.  Her parents are both IRONMANS!!  Awesome!!!  I've ALWAYS wanted to do an IRONMAN since the day I saw it on TV.  My dad was watching the IRONMAN race in Kona, Hawaii.  He called me in the room to watch with him.  He explained what the race was all about.....I WAS AMAZED and I WANTED to do an IRONMAN!!!  Now, this was back when I was in grade 8!!!  Yes, just a few years ago!  lol  Seriously, it was about 24 years ago!!!!!  But I was HOOKED.  I LOVED how difficult this sport was.

Anyways, the race I chose to do as my first experience was The Chocolate Race!  Yes, chocolate!  Mmmmmmm.....  At each station they have water and CHOCOLATE!  Lol  This, to me, sounded fun. 

We all drove up on race day, Vince, Aspen, MJ, and myself, and MJ and I got signed in by 8:15am.  She showed me how to do everything.....
My race number!!  MJ put it on me! lol
MJ tieing my shoelace! lol
 She made things A LOT easier for me as I knew nothing about race day!  I must say that I thought it wouls be like any other "cardio run" I did in the past getting ready for shows....but NOPE!  lol  It was TOUGH!  I started out way too fast and got winded pretty quick....and it was a gradual uphill....and into a steep, short uphill turn.  WOW!  But at least I did the race and finished it!

I am so proud of myself for doing the race, even though i was not ready for it.....I knew i could finish it but my "cardio" is definitely not up to par!

I will race again!  My next race, I am putting together a team for the RUN FOR THE CURE 1km walk/5km run in Oshawa!  Anyone wanting to be on my team, give me a shout! nvluchka@msn.com
MJ and I all suited up with our arm bands before the race!  The arms bands were part of our kit! 

Aspen sporting my headband!  Says "RunGirlRun" lol

Aspen had a good time too!

MJ giving Aspen a big kiss!  Luckly there was a playground at the start/finish line!

Aspen giving MJ a pep talk before the race!

Aspen having fun on the swing before I left

MJ and I coming into the finishline!  I HAD to put a smile on my face as there were lots of people around!  lol

Aspen wearing my medal!  I so proud of it!  Geeky I am! lol

MJ sporting the chocolate dipped marshmellow and strawberry on a stick.  LOVE this pic!


MJ pretending to eat the the choclate and Im about to yell at her if she does! 
She has a competition coming up so she can't eat the chocolate! lol

Me telling Vince what the race was like. 

Family photo!!  lol
What a great experience!  Even tho I felt like I was going to have a heartattack, I kept going and finished!  So proud!!!!

Let me know who wants to join my team for the next race Oct 2!!!  I will be emailing everyone tips on prepping for the race so that we are all ready to go for the 1km walk or 5km run!  Its stroller friendly too, so all you moms out there (and dads), come and enjoy a little exercise!....my husband is doing it too!!  And of course Aspen!

NL xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting