Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thanksgiving....I Cant Believe How Time Flies

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Thursday, October 06, 2011
Even though we count the actual Date of an anniversary, I am thinking of the day of the week....Thursday, today, the Thursday before the Thanksgiving Long Weekend.....15 years ago today was the last day I saw my brother Mike.  The next day, Friday, he passed away in a car accident. 
I can remember the Thursday clear as day!!!  He came to my place and spent a few hours with Vince and I .....laughing, joking, and talking about whats going on Thanksgiving and when we were heading up to the cottage.  That didnt happen.....instead I get a call late friday night telling me what has happened. 

Just thinking of it still puts that sick feeling in my stomach.

But how can this Thanksgiving weekend still be a favorite holiday?

5 years later on the Saturday of the Thanksgiving Weekend my mom passed.  And still, Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday.  I LOVE this time of year.  It means A LOT to me to be with my family and people I care about, on this long weekend.

Maybe thats why i do love it so much still.....its thanksgiving.....we are to be thankful.  And I really am thankful for a lot.

Too many people have WAY too many "issues", and honestly I dont have time for any of that.
Life is precious and sometimes WAY too short! 

This weekend I get more emotional but at the same time feel so much love!  A time I can't stop thinking of my brother Mike and my mom!

My brother passed on Oct 11, 1996 at the age of 26 and my mom passed Oct 13, 2001 at the age of 56!  Two lives gone way too soon.....but at least the time that they were here they both taught me SOOO much.  My brother taught me to always be who I am, never change for nobody!  And live life...have a blast....and have no fear!  My mom taught me how to be a good person....help those who are in need.  Take care of myself and my surroundings....she always taught me to look good and feel good.....take pride.  And both taught me Respect....have respect for myself and others.

15 years and 10 years already.....WOW! 

And how I miss them both jsut as much as when then first passed.

*note the following pictures were not saved on the computer so i took a pic of them!  I have them up on my wall in my office.


NL xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting