Friday, March 9, 2012

CONFUSED!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Friday, March 09, 2012
I've been thinking of this for while now.....When I first wanted to get pregnant, my doc had told me that back around the year 1974 (i forget what years but it did include me), that the MMR shot NEVER took.  So all this time I had NOT been immunized against Measles, Mumps and Rubella. 

I DONT get it!

First of all, HOW would they know this?  I think I did bloodwork and they could tell by that, But not sure.  Second, If immunization is VERY important and we have fear instilled in us if we DONT immunize, then how did I survive? 

I just messaged my neighbor from when I was little, as her son and I were best friends from when we were born till grade 8, and I had to ask her if I had measles as I kinda remember that I did.  AND, I did!  I had measles and chicken pox! 

So if the MMR shot did not take between a certain number of years, then there are MANY of us that were never immunized against it, so wouldnt there be a higher number of deaths.....since this is what picture is silently painted in our heads if NOT immunized?  Just sayin.

And, i had to be immunized with MMR BEFORE I got pregnant with Aspen.  So I couldnt get pregnant for 1-3 months (I forget if it was 1 or 3 months) after having been immunized.  But now that I think about it, I HAD measles so I have immunity against it.....WHY would they give it to me again!!  GREAT an extra chemical in my body!  Really they should have looked at my records to see if I had measles so that I didnt HAVE to get it. 

Now I dont get it, is that its dangerous if a pregnant one is around someone with measles, so WHY would I have to get the shot then before I got pregnant?  Because regardless its dangerous to be around a measles infected person, whether you were immunized against it or not. 

I guess I will be booking an appt with my family doc and getting some answers. 

I dont do shots!  I dont do medicine unless I ULTIMATELY HAVE TO!!  Not even tylenol!!  I take a thyroid pill daily which I do want to try and go off of and go on something natural....but that will have to wait until Im done having kids.

A little confused now......

Nina xo

1 comments:

Amy said...

When I delievered my first son in 2004, I was given the german measles shot. I was born in 1980 and never had measles and had the MMR shot. They didnt really give me an option. They just gave it to me. I dont understand either!

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting