Friday, March 30, 2012

Enjoying the Yummy Little Pleasures!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Friday, March 30, 2012
You can still enjoy the yummy little pleasures while still keeping things healthy.  And what yummy little pleasure am I talking about?.....ICE CREAM!!!  I LOVE ice cream....only in the summer really.  You can still enjoy this yummy TREAT, and keep it somewhat healthy. 
I great up on ice cream as a treat and my mom would only allow real maple syrup, wheat germ and fruit.  Well, because I was brought up that way, this is what Aspen gets too.  Funny how something you have been brought up on sticks with you!!!  This is why I am SO BIG on teaching my kids healthy habits while young.  Then its not much of an issue later in years and they already have a healthy foundation in place. 
So instead of fudge, caramel, colored sprinkles, etc that is all junk for us, try toppings for ice cream that I get for Aspen......
Wheat germ
Real Maple Syrup
Bananas
Strawberries
Pasturized Honey
Blueberries
Shaved Almonds
......and she LOVES it!!  I will also buy her the more expensive ice cream with real ingredients in it.  Not all the crap that is in Ice cream.  Sure its expensive and you dont get a lot in it but they dont need a lot to begin with.  I sometimes buy the organic rice ice cream.....I dont care for the taste though.  I will be trying to make my own frozen yogurt ice cream this summer.  Once I perfect it I will blog it!!

Nina xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting