Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shopping for a Skinny Minny!

Posted by Nina Luchka ... the motivated mom at Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Im sure im not the only mom out there that has a child who is a skinny minny....and TALL!  Its hard to find clothes that fit her especially when she was potty trained so early.....no diaper to keep the pants up or fill them in!  lol
I actually hate shopping but I must say shopping for her I absolutely LOVE!!!!  So finding clothes that fit her properly was pretty easy for me....jsut had to go to all the different stores and find which store fits her best.  Here are my results.....

I shop at the following stores for different things.....

Baby Gap - great for most clothes.  Jeans are great for her there as most of them have the adjustable buttons on the inside.  Tights there and anything that does not have an adjustment is NOT good.  Does NOT fit her at all.  PJS are the best here too....although they are big in the waist, they fit well everywhere else. 

Tommy Hilfiger - BEST store for tights (leggings)!!  Jeans are great here as well.  This store is actually more for the skinny minny.  Even the shirts for her are more slender.

Mexx Kids - for me the style there is a hit and miss.  I dont find a lot there....just the odd thing or two.

Old Navy - I will get her tops here.  Pants are a hit and miss for her. 

Osh Gosh - Some things are not too bad.

Carters - I dont shop there or in that section....Only when she was first born.  But the onsies were too wide for her.

Walmart -I dont shop there.   I only bought Aspen her onsies there when she was a baby....made by Gerber.  They were the leanest fitting ones. 

Joe Fresh - Hit and miss there as well.  But when I do find something there, I LOVE it!!  I have to usually buy a size smaller but for the tops they are a the same size as her age or a little bigger.  I jsut bought her the cutest bikini there!!!  I will take a pic and post that later.

H & M - pants are always WAY to big in the waist so I cant get them to fit in the waist otherwise the length wont fit..  Shirts are great tho.

Here are some of the things I bought her at Tommy Hilfiger!!....a DEFINITE store I will be shopping at for our little man!! 
Jean Capris

I bought these in white and also in a jean color!

The BEST tights ever!!!!

Again, the BEST tights ever!!!  I got these in grey, navy and a pink pair!

I bought her some tops as well that are soooooo cute on her!   Some of the stuff I got are for Easter, so maybe she will model for me and i can post the outfits.

Hope this helps those moms out there that try to find clothes that are not so wide and are meant for a skinny minny.  Try the Tommy Outlet stores!!  Sometimes there are FANTASTIC prices!  For you local moms....Pickering, the outlet stores on Brock by the Walmart.

Happy shopping!

Nina xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

NINA LUCHKA Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting